Thomas Eimermann Mock Trial Scholarships and Tuition Waivers
There are two awards available to participants on the ISU mock trial team. First, the Thomas Eimermann scholarship fund gives out $1,000 awards in the form of credits toward tuition and fee charges and/or for reimbursement of textbooks.
Second, the Provost’s Office mock trial tuition waivers provide partial payment of tuition.
Recipients of these two awards may continue to receive them for up to four years as long as they meet the awards’ eligibility requirements and continue to participate on the ISU mock trial team.
Additionally, the following awards are available for students who participate on the Mock Trial team:
Barry S. Tolchin Mock Trial Leadership Award
Mock Trial Outstanding Witness Award
Michael A. Hall Mock Trial Outstanding Attorney Award
Sponsorship of the Award
Thomas Eimermann, a retired ISU Political Science professor established the Eimermann Scholarship Fund. Dr. Eimermann started ISU’s mock trial program and served for 20 years as the Educator Coach of its teams. See the history of ISU Mock Trial Team.
- Submit an online application for the award.
- Be a currently enrolled student in good standing at Illinois State University, or have been admitted to ISU as a freshman or transfer student;
- Have demonstrated strong academic achievement, as evidenced by a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at ISU or, in the case of freshmen and transfer students, at the last high school or college attended; and
- Have demonstrated commitment to and a record of success in mock trial competition at either the collegiate or high school level.
- Enroll in POL 283 the first semester that they are members of the ISU Mock Trial Team, and POL 293.03 for every subsequent semester in which they are team members.
Applicants for the Provost’s Office mock trial tuition waiver must also complete and submit the Selective Service Registration Compliance form before they can receive the award.
How to apply
Applicants for both awards must submit the following official ISU Mock Trial Scholarship Application and complete all documents required by the ISU Financial Aid Office. Applications must be submitted by April 30 for the next academic year.